Friday, February 04, 2005

The Pet Peeves of the Frustrated Author, Part 3

When I'm typing with a furious pace, a look of concentration on my face, and a half finished paragraph visible from over my shoulder, it means I'm busy. I'm concentrating. I'm writing. I'M OBVIOUSLY ON A ROLL HERE, PEOPLE. Breaking my train of thought when I finally get going on something makes me want to scream.

And there are no exceptions to this. No one is so special and wonderful that I don't mind being violently derailed by them. No one is so quiet and sneaky that I don't notice them flopped in my guest chair breathing at the top of their lungs.

Do I need a shirt that says "Writing is a job. If anyone could do it, everyone would"? I'd have thought the internet would have made that painfully clear by now.

I'm so pissed off right now that I think I'll go stare at my friend Guy 2 until he takes off his headphones, stops coding, and cheers my ass up. Irony FTW.


1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Butters said...

Some people just don't get it.

Please, take a minute to read
THIS
and vote for "Jodi & Andrew" on the site mentioned there. We'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home