Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My Ten Year Old Mazda Needs Performance Upgrades

The title is a play on an old MMOG joke. If you get it, you're like, old and stuff.

("Old." God. Listen to me, talking about 1999 as though it were ancient history. It really is, though - in internet years, I'm DEAD.)

Anyway. My car is a wonderful, sporty looking little thing, with cloth seats and decent speakers and a sunroof. It also has absolutely no voom, no zip, no sense of power. I can go from zero to sixty in five YEARS, eight if I've got the AC on. But she only had 28K miles on her when a generous soul sold my automotive darling to me four years ago. She's got 49K now, and the old girl is nearly eleven years old. She runs just fine, no drips or knocks. I have no reason on this earth to get rid of her. None. It would, in fact, be financially irresponsible to get rid of such a solid, well-running little car, as I wish to purchase a domicile this year. And by "purchase," I mean "put down most of my savings and sign an inch thick contract in blood, and then portion out a little bit of my soul each month for the next thirty years." So wouldn't I be a complete moron if I got rid of a dear little '94 Mazda MX-6, with no faults besides a blown out right front tweeter? Yes. The answer is YES.

Except... THIS.

Or, and my friend is going straight to hell for sending me this link, THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home