Thursday, January 27, 2005

Don't Eavesdrop On My Lunch Pod, Part 1

Two of the guys in the lunch pod are playing out every possible alternate history in Hearts of Iron 2. This means most of our lunch conversations lately have involved at least some discussion of World War II, and alternate versions thereof.

The table across from ours at the sushi joint was trying not to eavesdrop, but there were three moments where they were staring openly:

1. "I just really want to invade Hungary."

2. "I've got troops in West Virginia."

3. During the entirety of my slightly retarded big brother's rendition of World War I, Its Causes and Complexities. "Squirrelly" and "bitchy" were the main descriptive words, and the whole speech took less time than it took me to process one bite of tempura coated shrimp. It was brilliant.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home