Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You Know You Are In a Strange Place When

I've just arrived in San Diego for Comic Con. While I waited for my suitcase at the baggage claim, I saw a man dressed in full pirate regalia stride by. And I do mean full regalia, from his patched shirt to his deck sandals to his long, curly hair and beard topped with a pirate hat. He even carried a pirate chest up on his shoulder, a malevolent thing of black leather and metals studs. A mysterious name was scrawled in smeared ink on the lid. He strode through the area with a slight roll to his gait. He might as well have been at sea, carrying his ill-gotten gains to the ship's hold. I smelled the sea air in his wake, and smiled to be among real roleplayers once more.

A few minutes afterwards, the same pirate came back to the claim area, set down the chest, and picked up... an identical black leather, metal studded pirate chest, with a different name on it.

And you thought you had problems picking YOUR luggage out of the crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home