Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Nerdier Than Thou

First, take the test, to understand why I'm writing this.

The makers of this quiz understand their target audience. They list one of the possible motivations as proving that you are a bigger dork than your friends are. So it should come as no surprise that I am deeply disappointed to find that I am only 28% nerd.

28%?!!

That's IMPOSSIBLE. I started wearing glasses at age six. I collect science fiction and fantasy novels. I love Star Trek conventions and Gatecon. After I graduated from college, I moved into a fraternity house that was a cross between Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds. (And I joined it, too, my fraternity name is "Woodchuck." Yes, I'm a girl, yes, it's a fraternity and not a sorority, and it's too long and boring of a story to explain.). I work for a video game company. On the Geek Hierarchy Chart, I'm all over the map.

My self image has been devastated by this turn of events. If I don't do something nerdy soon, I'll have to worry about my hair and fingernails, and make entirely different friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sanya said...

Luer, dear, there are only eight people with the link to this thing; you're basically talking to yourself and possibly Hatfield.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home